Friday, August 20, 2010

Tony Dix's Personal Bio

My name is Anthony Owen Dix, but everyone calls me Tony, unless I am getting in trouble by my wife or mom.  Then of course its Anthony Owen.  I was born in Scottsdale, Az and grew up all over (Arizona, Washington, & Oregon).  I have lived the majority of my life in Salem, Ore where I went to Middle school (Leslie), High school (South Salem), & I received my undergraduate degree from Willamette University.  So I pretty much have received my education with in a 5 mile radius.


I just celebrated 4 years with my wife Laura.  We met at Willamette and she is working at her family business as a financial advisor in Woodburn, OR (where we currently live). 


Our hobbies are outdoor activities, such as, water sports, hiking, bike riding, etc.. going out to dinner at new restaurants, wine tasting, working out, and hanging out with family and friends.  My current interests are focused on school right now.  I am trying to get everything I can out of this experience and attempting to arm myself with enough skills to find a job by next school year.  


I am going to be teaching high school math, social studies, ESOL, coaching.  I don't know aspire to teach at the middle school level, but I am trying to keep an open mind when I do my practicum.  I am looking forward to getting to know my fellow classmates and getting out to the schools I am going to be teaching at and learning my teaching styles.


ME

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your bio. Congrats on 4 years of marriage!
    Use a new post (Post 2) that relates to Blogging in Education (rather than a Comment in your personal bio). And elaborate a little ...

    ReplyDelete